Press Release of the Embassy of the Russian Federation in India
By the Decree of H.E. Mr Vladimir V. Putin, President of the Russian Federation, the following Indian citizens were decorated with Russian state awards for outstanding contribution in promoting Russian-Indian cultural, scientific and trade cooperation:
1. Maj Dalbir Singh, In-Charge, All Indian Congress Committee Control Room, was awarded the Order of Friendship.
2. Ms Purnima Anand, General Secretary, Indo-Russian Youth Club, received the Pushkin Medal.
3. Dr Nivedita Das Kundu, Research Fellow, Indian Council for Social Science Research, received the Pushkin Medal.
4. Mr Vijay Kalantri, President of the All India Association of Industries, received the Pushkin Medal.
5. Dr K. Govindan Nair, Director of the Russian Language Institute of the Russian Center for science and culture, Trivandrum, received the Pushkin Medal.